A while back a reader asked me for a list of MUST READ books. While I was compiling a list from our bookshelf, it occurred to me that, a lot of the guys in the Team haven’t read some of these books. So, after talking to them, I decided to make them mandatory reads.
Here’s the list:
- The Mission, The Men, and Me: Lessons from a Former Delta Force Commander, Pete Blaber
- The Rock Warrior's Way: Mental Training for Climbers, Arno Ilgner
- The Unfettered Mind: Writings from a Zen Master to a Master Swordsman. By Takuan Soho.
- Left of Bang: How the Marine Corps' Combat Hunter Program Can Save Your Life, by Patrick Van Horne.
- Team of Teams, by Gen. Stanley McChrystal.
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win, by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin.
- On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society, by Dave Grossman.