ZW, one of the original readers back when the blog was on Wordpress and later in Tumblr, asked me:
You have the "Original 12" and the "Current Rules". If you have to simplify the current rules and get down to 12 again, what would those "New 12 Rules" be?
That is a great question. The Rules are for some reason very popular and to answer your question I had to revisit them and give it some thought. The result are the New 12 Rules and they include some of the original 12, although with different numbers, and some of the new rules as well.
The New 12 Rules
- Rule 1: Always have an escape plan
- Rule 2: Never get caught.
- Rule 3: Be aware of your surroundings.
- Rule 4: Always have a backup plan.
- Rule 5: Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
- Rule 6: Trust your gut.
- Rule 7: Simple and light equals freedom, agility and mobility.
- Rule 8: KISS: Keep it simple, stupid.
- Rule 9: The solution is in the problem.
- Rule 10: Don't become predictable.
- Rule 11: Never take the elevator.
- Rule 12: Always invest in good quality stuff.