When my old gym shoes finally gave up, I went looking for a new pair. Since several perople mentioned Lalo Tactical, I did a little research and figured I give them a try. I went and bought a pair of the Grinders.
The Grinder features:
- Medial Stability wrap for extra mid-foot support
- Ceramic-coated SuperFabric™ toecap
- EVA heel counter for maximum stability and a secure fit
- Lightweight, breathable upper for second skin-like fit
- Anatomical lacing system
- Unique cleaver pattern rubber outsole PODs for increased traction
- Stability arch
- Cushioned EVA mid and outsole
Frankly, I didn't know what to expect, but I was not disappointed.
I found the shoes wide front to be perfect. The foot has room to move, but it's not loose. This gives you the comfort and control you need for the workouts, from jumps, to lifts, to sprints.
The sole feels soft, yet it has enough density that provides good protection. The open mesh not he side of the shoes is a plus, especially int he summer.
One thing I wish they'd add is a loop at the end of the shoes, to make it easier to wear. The shoe tends to bunch as you try to put them on.
After about 6 months of almost daily wear, they are holding very well. some on the soles is showing, but overall it's a great shoe.