Question from a reader: computer and tools
LK asked: what computer do you use and what tools do you have in it?
Well, this varies constantly, but my base is the following:
- Macbook Pro 13"
- Browsers open all the time with either info about the target, open source searches, scans, etc.
- Slack for team comms.
- Terminal for code, attack tools, etc.
- GCC, Python and Ruby for tools / exploits writing.
- Notational Velocity for notes.
- Temporary folder on ~ for findings. Will get wiped once the project is finished.
I can add or remove things like VMWare with some different operating systems / tools, Pages for report writing at the end, Keynote for presentations, Sublime Text to write code (sometimes, mostly I use Vim on the terminal), and 1Password for password management.
Simple tools, simple setup. Mobile.