Question from a reader
CH asked: Hey, this is Sgt C. Last time we worked together you guys helped us in Khost, on FOB [redacted]. You had a compact kit with you and I was wondering if you could share this with me.
Hey C, good to hear from you!
If I remember correctly this is what I carried then (apologies for the low quality picture, I just grabbed what I could find to make a hasty picture):
So, I had a plate carrier (thanks Bryan at ITS Tactical!) with:
- 3 mags for the m4
- Holster for the Glock 19 and 2 mags attachment
- A small ruck with:
- Source hydration 3L bladder (not in the picture)
- Notepad and cover - Rite in the Rain
- Secondary IFAK: ITS Tactical ETA kit
- Small pouch with SERE kit: inside the pouch there is cash, gold coins and some other items. And inside the patch, the SERE kit
- Comms (not in the pic): MBITR and other radios
- Light weight softshell jacket
- On my pants:
- Primary IFAK and tourniquete
- Main SERE kit
- Benchmade AFO II knife
And my issued M4.