- The Mission, The Men, and Me: Lessons from a Former Delta Force Commander, Pete Blaber
- The Art of War, Sun Tzu
- The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi
- Inside Delta Force, Eric Haney
- Human Intelligence, Counterterrorism, and National Leadership: A Practical Guide, Gary Berntsen
- Maneuver Warfare Handbook (Westview Special Studies in Military Affairs), William S Lind
- Silent Warfare: Understanding the World of Intelligence, Abram N. Shulsky
- The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals that Protect Us From Violence, Gavin de Becker
- Red Teams and Counterterrorism Training, Stephen Sloan
- Escape the Wolf – Personal Security Handbook for the Traveling Professional, Clint Emerson
- On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society, Dave Grossman
- Killer Elite: The Inside Story of America's Most Secret Special Operations Team, Michael Smith
- Chosen Soldier, Dick Couch
- KODO: Ancient Ways: Lessons in the Spiritual Life of the Warrior/Martial Artist , Kensho Furuya
- Man in the Shadows: Inside the Middle East Crisis with a Director of Israel's Mossad, Efraim Halevy
- The Essence of Aikido: Spiritual Teachings of Morihei Ueshiba, Morihei Ueshiba
- Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman, Yvon Chouinard
- Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life, Neil Strauss
- The Rock Warrior's Way: Mental Training for Climbers, Arno Ilgner
- Brotherhood of Warriors: Behind Enemy Lines with a Commando in One of the World's Most Elite Counterterrorism Units, Aaron Cohen
- Powerful Peace: A Navy SEAL’s Lessons on Peace from a Lifetime at War, Rob DuBois
- The Red Circle, Brandon Webb
- The Art of Intelligence: Lessons from a Life in the CIA's Clandestine Service, Henry A. Crumpton
- The Unfettered Mind: Writings from a Zen Master to a Master Swordsman. By Takuan Soho.
- Left of Bang: How the Marine Corps' Combat Hunter Program Can Save Your Life, by Patrick Van Horne.
- Team of Teams, by Gen. Stanley McChrystal.
- Red Team: How to Succeed By Thinking Like the Enemy, by Micah Zenko.
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win, by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin.
- About Face: The Odyssey of an American Warrior, Colonel David H. Hackworth.
Also, check the Red Team Journal's Bookshelf for more great books.