A sad view of the current state of Red Teaming affairs... He makes some valid points...
... I’ve argued for better red teaming. In the intervening years, I’ve seen little evidence of it, particularly at the strategic level. I have, however, drawn seven private conclusions. I’m finally disappointed enough to share them.
- Our adversaries seem to be the only ones learning a damn thing.
- Most “experts” are full of ego and sh– … and beholden to an agenda besides.
- Money + technology != strategy.
- We’ve built a system of systems so complex we can no longer manage it.
- We rarely play the long game, only the short.
- Everything is political.
- It’s unlikely to get better any time soon.