Non Techie Book Recommendations
The Red Team Mindset is not always easy to understand or even being to describe, and since red teams today are being employed not just on the information security world I thought it would be good to have a list of non-computer-related books that will help in the understanding of the Mindset and the way of red teaming.
This is by no means a complete list. Expect it to be updated from time to time. Please send your book recommendations as well. Also, check the Red Team Journal's Bookshelf for more great books.
Here's the list:
- The Mission, The Men, and Me: Lessons from a Former Delta Force Commander, Pete Blaber
- Inside Delta Force, Eric Haney
- Human Intelligence, Counterterrorism, and National Leadership: A Practical Guide, Gary Berntsen
- Silent Warfare: Understanding the World of Intelligence, Abram N. Shulsky
- Red Teams and Counterterrorism Training, Stephen Sloan
- The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi
- Escape the Wolf – Personal Security Handbook for the Traveling Professional, Clint Emerson
- Killer Elite: The Inside Story of America's Most Secret Special Operations Team, Michael Smith
- Chosen Soldier, Dick Couch
- KODO: Ancient Ways: Lessons in the Spiritual Life of the Warrior/Martial Artist , Kensho Furuya
- Man in the Shadows: Inside the Middle East Crisis with a Director of Israel's Mossad, Efraim Halevy
- The Essence of Aikido: Spiritual Teachings of Morihei Ueshiba, Morihei Ueshiba
- Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman, Yvon Chouinard
- Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life, Neil Strauss
- The Rock Warrior's Way: Mental Training for Climbers, Arno Ilgner
- Brotherhood of Warriors: Behind Enemy Lines with a Commando in One of the World's Most Elite Counterterrorism Units, Aaron Cohen
- Powerful Peace: A Navy SEAL’s Lessons on Peace from a Lifetime at War, Rob DuBois
- The Red Circle, Brandon Webb
- The Art of Intelligence: Lessons from a Life in the CIA's Clandestine Service, Henry A. Crumpton
- The Unfettered Mind: Writings from a Zen Master to a Master Swordsman. By Takuan Soho.
- Left of Bang: How the Marine Corps' Combat Hunter Program Can Save Your Life, by Patrick Van Horne.
- Team of Teams, by Gen. Stanley McChrystal.
- Red Team: How to Succeed By Thinking Like the Enemy, by Micah Zenko.