- Plan red teaming from the outset. It cannot work as an afterthought.
- Create the right conditions. Red teaming needs an open, learning
culture, accepting of challenge and criticism.
- Support the red team. Value and use its contribution to inform decisions and improve outcomes.
- Provide clear objectives.
- Fit the tool to the task. Select an appropriate team leader and follow
their advice in the selection and employment of the red team.
- Promote a constructive approach which works towards overall success.
- Poorly conducted red teaming is pointless; do it well, do it properly.
(via MOD Red Teaming Guide (PDF))