In 10 Marketing Lessons I Learned From the Israeli Army, the author lists 10 marketing ideas that with little or no change can be applied to read teaming too:
- Detailed planning is key (Rule 1 and 8)
- Situation analysis is the most important overlooked skill (Rule 2)
- Find your beachhead and have a plan of attack
- The weakest areas of your operation are the joints
- Decentralized, goal-oriented command is the only way to scale
- Know how to separate the wheat from the chaff
- Have a backup plan (yes, Rule 4)
- Intelligence leads to victory
- Data is irreplaceable (yes, the OODA loop)
- On the battlefield, effort doesn't matter, only results do
I think this list should be in your mind while preparing the next red team assessment. It's a simple list with a lot that can be applied to the different stages of the operation.
Check the whole article for the details of each lesson.
(Thanks Red Team Journal for the link!)