"The Special Operations Forces or SOF Truths were originally written in 1987 by retired Army Colonel John Collins. According to United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), the SOF Truths “…capture the essence of lessons learned over the past decades, and provide a foundation for thinking…
As a Green Beret in the Army Special Forces, I routinely applied the SOF Truths to what I did, and when I entered the business world, I found that they were still very applicable.
- Humans Are More Important Than Hardware
- Quality is Better Than Quantity
- Special Operations Forces Cannot be Mass Produced
- Competent Special Operations Forces Cannot be Created After Emergencies Occur
- Most Special Operations Require Non-SOF Assistance