Operational Guidelines - Compressed Version
- Keep your cover identities isolated from each other
- Maintain cautious habits, be paranoid.
- Do not keep a regular schedule that can give you away, randomize
- DO NOT KEEP NOTES: not on paper, not on digital form
- Don’t use your real name or a version of it as a handle, nickname, etc
- Don’t reveal information about atmospherics such as identifying places, weather, political events, etc
- Don’t reveal information about your real self: tattoos, identifying marks, your place of origin, age, etc
- Keep a layered defense
- Be tidy, make sure everything is put away
- When using comms, don’t be explicit and don’t use code
- Use TOR or other anonymizing service for internet, but remember: TOR connection to a VPN or other proxy is OK, VPN or proxy connection to TOR, is not
- Never use the primary cover alias as an internet handle or user, use secondary, tertiary, etc.
- STAY AWAY FROM SOCIAL NETWORKS
- Practice: Amateurs practice until they get it right, professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong
Read the guidelines here.